Sunday, October 28, 2012

Belated first race back

So, I skipped the 5k IBM race.  Mark my no-show down due to lack of sleep from nerves (ie, put too much pressure on myself that I needed to run xx:xx time, even after I wrote here that I would not do that).  Yeah, lame, I know.

Anyhow, I managed to get my butt out of bed today for the Run for the Water 5k.  I was able to do so because this time I seriously told myself, "it does not matter how fast/slow I run, gotta start somewhere."  I forgot my watch at home, which turned out to be a good thing, because doing so allowed me to completely run on feel.  And that is what I did, ran a nice and relaxed 20:20 5k.  I felt pretty good throughout, only slight issue was I struggled w/ breathing a bit in the last mile.  Could be cuz the last mile was uphill...and of course could also be from little-to-no uptempo running for 2+ years.

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff Damon! Looking forward you joining back up to TR one day.

    ReplyDelete