Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The hiatus is over

Well, at least I hope it has ended.

It seems like it has been ages since I last wrote here, so here's quick summary of my not so eventful running life over the last 4 months.  July through Oct 25th, I continued with easy paced runs, 3-4 days per week.  My primary goal during this time period was to get where I could confidently run without any sort of pain.  In addition, and somewhat in the same vein, I wanted strengthen my lower abdominal and groin areas.  Slow, relaxed runs, in which I gradually increased the amount of time on my feet, were the constant call for the former and countless hours in the gym served as the framework for the latter.  I should go into more detail about what went into my comeback running and gym efforts, but will save those topics for a later date.

Moving along, I met up with Carmen Ayala-Troncoso's training group to resume training on October 25th.  Well, I should caveat the previous sentence, because my only training goal at this point to regain a level of fitness to train, if that makes sense.  I am definitely not training for a race in 2011.  I will run the remainder of the year with Carmen's group and hope to be shape to train/race in earnest come 1.1.2012.  That written, I may or may not run a time trial in the next few weeks to set a somewhat official fitness baseline.  Again, that is another post.

Speaking of Carmen, she has been great to-date.  The knowledge/wisdom she displayed over the last three weeks has really blown me away.  I am really happy to be part of her group.

Over & out until the next time.

1 comment:

  1. I like it, so there is light at the end of the tunnel for me too:)
    Good, I needed to hear that.

    ReplyDelete