Friday, February 18, 2011

New Boston Marathon Qualifying Standards - 2012, 2013, and beyond

The new standards can be found here - future Boston marathon qualification and registration.  I for one favor the new standards.  With the rolling wave registration, there are now basically provisional qualifying times and automatic times (20 min faster).  This announcement certainly makes me excited to train and qualify for the "A standard."  My take is the new standards add a little more allure and competition to the event for the civilian runner.  But that's just me.

What say you?

3 comments:

  1. I m in but that standard is only for 2012 after that 3:05 is oh... I and I think you will be in the upper age group:)
    Hey which marathon are you gonna be training next, I cant do anything in fall but might come out on some of the weekend runs and show off my free running style:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dec 2011 would be the earliest...favoring austin 2012 right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, wish I could train with you all for it but... I need a break from competitive training after Leadville. If you are planning on traveling to Boston after that, that I might be able to do. I better perform in Boston this time around then so have the option...

    ReplyDelete